Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009: Year of the Earth Ox

Well, this year my family decided to go somewhere else: Ipoh. It's a place one of my cousins live in, and we're pretty excited to celebrate this new year with somewhere different.

First off: Ipoh does have it's charm of its mountainous geographical area. (Seriously, it really feels really good with the hills reaching the clouds and my parents are literally excited about the sallow caves they spotted). We went to a cave temple there, and it was a Buddhist version of Batu Caves. And yes, It was crowded even for the new year's day where people supposed to be at home celebrating. Yea, my family included.

I can't believe I'm so damn freaking tired when I'm driving back, I'm overcoming it with loud music and humming them. Too bad, i had to pull up at the nearest R&R stop to ask my sister to continue the rest of the journey. So, Ipoh is farther than I thought it would be.

All in all, it was a great experience.

No comments: