Sunday, October 05, 2008

Tying the Knot

I attended my cousins wedding yesterday, and boy it was a ritual filled event, with all the subtle gestures and the games some of the guest played on the groom in order to welcome the bride. As it is a traditional Chinese wedding, there is also a tea ceremony to the older generation.

After all the rituals are done , it's time to get ready to attend the banquet dinner. THe dinner is fine and all. But the highlight of the night for me is -- I met my high school CLASSMATE on my way back! I can't believe my eyes! But I did say hi to him.

When I asked who is he related to, he said he's the groom's distant relative. (I assume he's the groom's second cousin or something). So what are we then? He shrugged his shoulders. I too have no idea what kind of relation we have until I had to figure it out myself. (2nd cousin in law? Depends how "distant" relative to my cousin in law.)

The world is really small, you know. And I started to believe the theory of everyone is 6 degrees separated is true.

No comments: